A baby born to a mother who has history of substance abuse is more likely to get addicted as well. Also, it causes respiratory distress syndrome, weeping, jittery behavior, feeding problems and difficulty raising. When the baby grows up, there will be some concentration problems and memory problems leading to behavioral problems. It has the following negative effects:
- Result in Low birth weight
- Cause abnormal heart condition
- The addictive substance destroys neurons, leading to brain breeding and brain death.
- Result in concentration, memory and long-term behavioral problems
- Drug abuse in pregnant women may result in miscarriage or pre-term birth
Therefore, you should avoid using all kinds of addictive substance for yourself and the baby.