Oral contraception suitable for breastfeeding mothers should contain only progestin hormone and shouldn’t contain estrogen hormone.
As it has a side effect, causing less production of breast milk. There is a contraception especially made for breastfeeding mothers, which is a progestin-only pill. It is contraception containing only progestogens.
Progestin-only pill – It can be taken during breastfeeding without affecting on milk supply. It even increases the milk supply.
Benefits of Progestin-only pill
- Less chance of blemishes and acne
- Reduce period cramps before menstruation
- Reduce blood loss during menstruation
- Not decrease milk supply. It’s suitable for breastfeeding mothers as progestogens do not suppress milk flow and lower milk quality.
Drawbacks of Progestin-only pill
- Progestin-only pills can cause spotting.
So, before buying contraception each time, it is best for breastfeeding mothers to consult with a doctor or pharmacist.
Food that nourishes women who want to have children | uterus nourishing food before pregnancy | nourishing food before pregnancy | nourish beautiful eggs | nourishing natural pregnant eggs | Uterine tonic, infertility | nourish the uterine wall | infertility drug | prenatal | vitamins | pre-pregnancy medication | Prenatal Supplements | pregnancy preparation vitamins | medication before pregnancy | Supplements to prepare for pregnancy