Apart from activities and foods to avoid during pregnancy, pregnant women should also be careful of skincare in their daily life.
Changing your skincare for you and your baby’s safety is important. Many newbie mothers might have experience not knowing what skincare is the right option and doesn’t affect the baby.
Before buying new ones, you should know what ingredients to avoid for your own safety. Let’s see what ingredients to avoid while pregnant.
– Parabens are a group of preservative ingredients and are easily absorbed into bloodstream. They can accumulate in the body. If used for too long, it can affect the baby.
- Diethanolamine (DEA)
– It can easily cause skin irritation.
- SLS and SLES
– Although these two ingredients offer a cleaning action, they can also cause skin irritation.
- Retinol (Vitamin A)
–It is a chemical used for wrinkles and acne treatment. It may affect the baby causing abnormalities and congenital disabilities.
– This chemical can affect the hormones of pregnant women. It is recommended to use organic sunscreen products that only contain natural extracts or sunscreen products for pregnant women.
– Alcohol makes the skin dry and weak, causing irritation and allergy.
– Steroid can easily cause rashes, pimples, red skin, itching, causing thin and sensitive skin.
It is recommended to always read the label and ingredients before purchasing. If there is an allergic reaction, it is best to stop using it and consult with a doctor.
For any mother looking for products for pregnant mothers, we’d like to suggest My Dear Mom, organic products for pregnant mothers, breastfeeding mothers, and people with sensitive skin. It is safe and leaves no residue that causes irritation.
For further information and products, please visit:
shampoo | conditioner | sunscreen SPF50 | breast cream | stretch mark cream | lip balm